Music That Motivates Us


Family's Are Forever

Family's Are Forever
Family Picture 11/10/2008

Hartzog Look-alike Meter

Iraq White Rotation 2008

White Rotation 08

Paliwoda 2008

Poliwoda Guys

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dragon Flies, Worms, and Bumblebees!




I am so stinkin' pleased with myself! I finished my very first baby blanket! It's a baby blanket for one of the wives in my husband's squadron! Recently I became the keyspouse, and when I asked what they did for new Mom's (knowing that the answer was nothing because I received nothing.), I got a blank stare. SO my first thought was diapers, butt creme, and wipes. Ask the girls for donations, buy each one for about 25 bucks. Well, then I got to thinking, everyone likes different kinds of diapers, butt creme, and wipes, AND they are great and welcomed, but they get used and thrown away. So I nixed that idea.




While at my favorite store in the whole wide world, JoAnn Fabrics, I stumbled upon the flannel section... and suddenly these really cute baby fabrics popped out at me! Then I looked at the price and about choked! 5.99 a yard! Then a lady next to me mentioned that there was a fabric store just down the road with really cute little girl prints on sale for 1.99 a yard! So off to this place I went to check it out. Immediately I knew that making baby blankets would be an awesome way to show the families that the Squadron cares for them. SOOOOO I bought a bunch of material. Because there is always someone pregnant in the Squadron, ALWAYS! All the fabric that I need for one blanket costs less than 6 Bucks! You can't beat that!


So I made my first one tonight. It's for Helen's little girl! I can't wait to give it to her tomorrow! I hope that she likes it! Tell me what you guys think!

No comments: