Music That Motivates Us


Family's Are Forever

Family's Are Forever
Family Picture 11/10/2008

Hartzog Look-alike Meter

Iraq White Rotation 2008

White Rotation 08

Paliwoda 2008

Poliwoda Guys

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Praise Allah!

(I love this picture of my oldest "child"! She was in heat, [didn't mean to let her get there] and she bled pretty bad, but there was about 3 feet of snow on the ground, so we bought the diaper things, but they were a little too small, so we took Kenneth's diapers and used them as a side band and taped them on. But she pulled it off, so we took a pair of my maternity shorts and cut a hole for her tail and taped those to her over the diaper. I don't know if it was because they were the same color as her or what, but she never tried to take them off, she wore them for about 2 days. [not straight!] This was December 07)

It never fails, military families come through for one another! The joy that is radiating through my body at this very moment is immense! In the military we tend to take care of our own. If some one is deployed and your husband isn't, chances are that you will see your husband mowing their lawn as it is needed. If a Mom needs a break while a husband is deployed, then you offer to keep their kids, or get a babysitter too, so that they can have a relaxing night of enjoying remembering what it is like not watching Aladdin, or one of the other million Disney movies. We make sure that everyone is okay, no matter what the situation.
I've known that I was going home in August for a month for about 4 months. Throughout all of this time I have been trying to find someone to keep my hairy "child". (AKA Luna) I have over those 4 months had several people say, "Sure! It's not a problem, you can count on me!" Only to have it turn in to, "I'm sorry I just can't handle a dog that big!" (Luna has been 70 pounds for about a year now, they knew how big she was when they agreed the first time!)


So with only 3 days before Kenneth and I get on a plane to Georgia, yet another family backed out on me and I began to freak out. Then I called my visiting teaching companion and told her about our appointment for Tuesday evening, and she said, "What are you doing with Luna while you are gone? Do you need someone to keep her?" (REJOICE!!!!!) I told her that indeed I did. And she said that they will be trying it out with Luna at their house, but that if that doesn't work then they will bring her home and let her run in my backyard during the day and then feed her and put her up in her kennel at night! I'm okay with that! As long as I know that my dog doesn't starve to death while I'm gone I'll be happy. I was afraid that I was either going to have to cancel the trip, or pay money that we don't have to a Kennel for a month. But I don't want her in a Kennel just because she would be locked up in her crate all day! At least at home she can run and play all she wants, and bark at the dogs in the back yard all she wants! I am so thrilled it's ridiculous!

I went to the Commissary tonight and bought her another 40 pounds of dog food just to make sure she has plenty. Inflation has hit dog food! I guess that it should though, if we are paying more for us to eat rice, then it should be the same for lamb and rice for dogs as well, but geez! Early Spring I was paying 25.00 bucks, now I'm paying 40.00 a bag at Petsmart and 33 at the Commissary (which is why I bought it there!).

But anyway I also bought her a way cool self-waterer bowel, it has a hug 3 gallon jug on the top of the back of the bowel that constantly replenishes her water as she needs it. I know, I know, simple things make me happy. But hey, at least I'm happy!

No comments: