Music That Motivates Us


Family's Are Forever

Family's Are Forever
Family Picture 11/10/2008

Hartzog Look-alike Meter

Iraq White Rotation 2008

White Rotation 08

Paliwoda 2008

Poliwoda Guys

Friday, August 1, 2008

Sesame Street Tears


Today I took Kenneth to his first play. The USO brought Sesame Street Live to base, and the tickets were free. I honestly expected it to be more for me than Kenneth because he is still so young. But NO not my son, he was standing up in my lap dancing and jumping to the music! He never ceases to amaze me!


The show is the one with Elmo and Friends that helps children cope with deployment. It wasn't 5 minutes into the show before I found myself tearing up. As I looked around though there were other Mom's getting teary eyed too. So I officially feel like I can say that I have cried at everything at least once. A children's play, geez, I'm getting soft!


So now I am completely melancholy and I feel like sitting down in my floor and crying the rest of the night. But I won't because then my dog would lick me to death.


In other news, my dog thinks that helium balloons are the devil. Kenneth got one at the show and it is floating around my ceiling now that Kenneth is in bed, and my dog will not cross under the balloon to go and get water. She just sits at a distance and growls at it. It's really quite humorous, it's one of the first forms of laughter I've really had today. I wish that I could get her to do it while I have the camera on, but she just wants to sniff the camera.


Most days I'm fine. But today I'm just done with this stupid deployment. I'm exhausted, lonely, and we're all adults so I can say it... I'm horny! It's been 90 some odd days, and I am tired of being sexually deprived for America's freedom! In two and a half months there will be a do not disturb sign on my door, my kid will be with a sitter, and I will get to remember how good it feels to be a woman! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Ok what are goody's?? And Im sorry to hear that you are tearing up over things like childrens plays but don't worry I am right there next to you. It seems everything brings me to tears. And so with you on the Horny party but sadly I have alot longer than you! No fair! Just kidding Im glad you get to see yours soon. Keep your head up and know you are in my prayers!

Olliemama said...

Despite the fact that you are tearing up at Elmo, I am amazed at how incredibly strong my baby sister is. You are my hero and you've always got an ear and when you come home a shoulder. I love you, chin up babygirl.